You may be well aware of how to use a condom, but perhaps there is a little more to the average ‘rubber’ than you know?
To help bridge that gap in knowledge, here’s a list of bizarre facts about condoms:
1. The average condom can hold a gallon (3.78 litres) of liquid!
2. During WWII soldiers used condoms to cover rifle barrels from being damaged by salty water as they swam to shore.
3. The Danish word for condom is:
4. One woman fell overboard a cruise ship in the Caribbean Sea after a few drinks, and helped herself stay afloat using a box of condoms. By puffing them, she made herself a lifeline and three days later was picked up by one of the passing boats.
5. A record number of 100,000 condoms were distributed to Olympic athletes at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
6. The largest condom ever made was by the Guilin Latex Company in 2003. It was 260 feet tall and 330 feet around and put on a hotel in Guilin, China to help promote World Population Day.
7. An estimated 5 billion condoms are used every year worldwide
8. In Nigeria OKPUAMU is the word for condom. Translation: Penis Hat.