Expression of interest
BE PART OF THE NEXT ENDING HIV CAMPAIGN
Are you confident on camera and want to make a difference?
Express your interest to be part of Ending HIV’s Mardi Gras Campaign 2022.
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN:
The vision of the Ending HIV initiative is to see the elimination of HIV notifications in NSW. This is achievable by encouraging all sexually active gay and bisexual men to test often for HIV and STIs, take treatment early and practise safe sex in all its forms.
The next campaign aims to re-engage the community with HIV and STI testing services now that COVID-19 restrictions are easing. Its launch will coincide with Fair Day 2022 and run during the Mardi Gras festival.
We are seeking community members to be part of a short video. The video will feature community members in different segments, referring to a short script and speaking directly to camera. The theme of the script is about encouraging HIV and STI testing now that we are back out and about. The video will be shared via Ending HIV’s online and social channels such as Facebook and Instagram.
We are after a group of diverse guys (cis and trans) – all ages, ethnicities, body types and personal styles welcome! All submissions will undergo a vetting process and selections made to ensure as best representation of the wider community as possible.
So, whether you consider yourself a ‘twink’ or a ‘bear’, whether you’re into video games or leather – we want you!
- Date: Friday 14th January, 2022
- Location: A central spot in Sydney (exact location TBC)
- Duration: You will likely be required for around 1 hour
- Camera-confidence and energy
- Comfortable to work with a film crew and convey emotions and expressions
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- You’d be supporting your community and this great cause!
- You will receive a $100 gift voucher as a thank you
Keen? To express your interest to participate, please complete the form below and provide the following:
- 2-3 current photos of yourself ie selfie/headshot, mid shot (waist up) and full length, and
- A short video of yourself telling us why you want to be in the campaign. Be creative!
Please send the above requirements by email to Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org by whatever means preferrable, i.e. saving to a personal drive (Google Drive) or via Dropbox, iCloud and providing a link to download.