ACON is preparing for the 2020 round of the Sydney Gay Community Periodic Survey (SGCPS) set to run during the Mardi Gras period next February.
The SGCPS investigates the sexual practices, drug use, and health service engagement of gay and bisexual men. The findings are used to guide HIV and sexual health programs. The information gathered forms a crucial part of the New South Wales HIV response, enabling researchers, policy makers and ACON to measure the level of risk behaviour in the community every year.
ACON is seeking to employ a team of Survey Participant Recruiters on a casual basis over the survey recruitment period Friday 14 February to Sunday 23 February 2020.
ACON is looking for friendly, professional people to approach men at a variety of gay venues and events throughout the two weeks, invite them to participate in the study and complete the survey. Recruiters need to understand the survey and be able to explain it to potential participants. Training will be provided.
- Fluent in English (verbal only required)
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable approaching community members at gay venues and events
- Ability to work some evening shifts
- Willingness to work at gay bars and other gay venues
- Strong work ethic
- Prior experience successfully recruiting for the Sydney Gay Community Periodic Survey or other public engagement
- Previous experience in LGBTQI community-based research, outreach or similar activities (paid or unpaid)
- Interest in research and/or GBTQI community health
Interested? Here’s what you need to do: Apply at this link.
Applications close 5pm 9 November 2019.