Everyone has a story to tell. Why not share yours? Digital storytelling allows others to learn about what you have experienced, and to understand the health and wellbeing issues that matter to our LGBTI communities.
Be empowered to tell your story well.
Come along to our FREE course over 6 Saturdays and learn some new skills in creative multimedia presentation using programs such as Premeire, Photoshop, Garageband and Audacity. The workshop is designed to meet you at whatever your knowledge level is. So whether you’re completely new or a multimedia expert this workshop is for you.
Our voices matter.
Once produced, the digital stories will be put online by ACON and act as a continuing educational resource for our audiences. They will be used as a lasting record of our experiences and what it is like to be LGBTI today.
Here are some examples from storytellers past to give you an idea about the digital storytelling format:
- Vu Tuan’s story: “I knew you didn’t have anything” – http://endinghiv.org.au/nsw/vu-tuans-story/
- Tom’s story: “Sero-Disco” – http://endinghiv.org.au/nsw/toms-story-sero-disco/
- Michael’s story: “March On” – http://endinghiv.org.au/nsw/michaels-story-march-on/
- Alan’s story: “Beyond the rainbow” – http://endinghiv.org.au/nsw/alans-story-beyond-the-rainbow/
- Raging Butterfly – http://endinghiv.org.au/nsw/tell-your-story-raging-butterfly/
WHEN & WHERE will the course happen?
- Thursday 11th June from 6:30 – 9:30 pm at the ACON building, 414 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills.
All other skills-building sessions:
- Saturday the 13th of June to Saturday the 11th of July. Each Saturday from 1-5pm at The Powerhouse Museum, 500 Harris Street, Ultimo.