FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL – NO MEDICARE CARD NEEDED
RPA Sexual Health provides HIV and sexually transmissible infection (STI) testing and treatment to people who live or work in the Sydney Local Health District. It is a FREE and confidential and no Medicare card required to access the service.
The clinic is located conveniently in Camperdown near Royal Prince Alfred Hospital close to Parramatta Rd, at 16 Marsden St Camperdown 2050.
No doctor’s referral required and appointments are recommended to avoid long waiting periods.
The service provides specialist sexual health and HIV doctors appointments and nursing health checks. We also now have express STI and HIV testing services which means if you have no symptoms and just want a quick test as part of your regular yearly screen, you can be in and out in only 20 min.
RPA Sexual Health is a non-judgmental clinic with warm and welcoming staff. The service dedicates more than 60% of its care to gay men and men who have sex with men.
Our service is open Mon – Fri and offers early 8.30am appointments, lunch time appointments and some evening appointments.
BOOK A TEST
To book an appointment call us on (02) 95151200 or fill out the form below to submit a request for a preferred time and date.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE CLINIC?
- Anyone experiencing STI symptoms
- Anyone concerned they have been exposed to HIV
- Gay men
- People living with HIV
- Sex workers
- Aboriginal people
- People who inject drugs
The clinic provides the following services:
- Testing and treatment for STIs
- Sexual health check-ups for gay men
- Express STI and HIV screening service – 20 min
- HIV Rapid Testing
- Health checks for Sex workers and people who inject drugs
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) for HIV
- Free hepatitis B vaccination
- Free hepatitis A vaccination to gay men and people living with HIV and/or Hepatitis C
- Sexual health related counselling
- Free condoms and lubricant
- Needle and syringe program
- Referrals to relevant services
- Men’s clinic on Tuesday nights
- Monday: 8.30am – 4.45pm
- Tuesday: 8.30am – 8.00pm
- Wednesday: 1.30pm – 5.30pm
- Thursday: 8.30am – 6.00pm
- Friday: 8.30am – 4.45pm
- Men’s clinic Tuesdays nights (last appointment at 7.30pm)
HOW TO FIND US
The clinic is located at 16 Marsden St Camperdown which is off Missenden Road at the Parramatta Rd end.
Parking: One hour on street parking is available on Marsden St, metered parking on Missenden Rd or paid parking in King George V Car Park and St Johns College Car Park which are located off Missenden Rd.
- TRAIN: The nearest station is Newtown approximately 20 min walk along King St from the station.
- BUS: The closest bus stop is at the corner of Parramatta Rd and Missenden Rd. approximately a 2 min walk (100m) from the bus stop. Busses that travel to this stop are L38, L39, 436, 438, 439, and 440 M10, 413, 480, 483 and the 412 (412 is the only bus route that travels up Missenden Rd).
- TAXI: A taxi rank is located on Missenden Rd just before the main RPA Hospital when headed towards King St.