FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL – NO MEDICARE CARD NEEDED
RPA Sexual Health provides HIV and sexually transmissible infection (STI) testing and treatment to people who live or work in the Sydney Local Health District. It is FREE, confidential and no Medicare card is required to access the service.
The clinic is located conveniently in Camperdown near Royal Prince Alfred Hospital close to Parramatta Road, at 16 Marsden Street, Camperdown 2050.
No doctor’s referral required and appointments are recommended to avoid long waiting periods.
The service provides specialist sexual health and HIV doctors appointments and nursing health checks. We also have express STI and HIV testing services which means if you have no symptoms and just want a quick test, you can be in and out in 15-20 min.
RPA Sexual Health is a non-judgmental clinic with warm and welcoming staff. The service dedicates more than 60% of its care to gay men and men who have sex with men.
Our service is open Mon – Fri and offers early 8.30am appointments, lunch time appointments and some evening appointments.
BOOK A TEST
To book an appointment call us on (02) 95151200.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE CLINIC?
- Anyone experiencing STI symptoms
- Anyone concerned they have been exposed to HIV
- Gay men
- People living with HIV
- Sex workers
- Aboriginal people
- People who inject drugs
The clinic provides the following services:
- Testing and treatment for STIs
- Sexual health check-ups
- Xpress STI and HIV screening service
- Health checks for Sex workers and people who inject drugs
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) for HIV
- Free hepatitis B vaccination
- Free hepatitis A vaccination to gay men
- Sexual health related counselling
- Free condoms and lubricant
- Needle and syringe program
- Referrals to relevant services
- Monday: 12.00pm – 8.00pm
- Tuesday: 8.30am – 8.00pm
- Wednesday: 1.30pm – 4.30pm
- Thursday: 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Friday: 8.30am – 4.30pm
HOW TO FIND US
The clinic is located at 16 Marsden St Camperdown which is off Missenden Road at the Parramatta Road end.
Parking: Limited one hour street parking is available on Marsden Street, metered parking on Missenden Road or paid parking in King George V Car Park and St Johns College Car Park which are located off Missenden Road.
- TRAIN: The nearest station is Newtown approximately 20 min walk along King Street from the station.
- BUS: The closest bus stop is at the corner of Parramatta Road and Missenden Road. approximately a 2 min walk (100m) from the bus stop. Busses that travel to this stop are L38, L39, 436, 438, 439, and 440 M10, 413, 480, 483 and the 412 (412 is the only bus route that travels up Missenden Road).
- TAXI: A taxi rank is located on Missenden Road just before the main RPA Hospital when headed towards King Street.