Ending HIV is one of ACON’s largest HIV prevention campaigns and community mobilization initiatives aimed at ending HIV transmissions among gay men – most at-risk group – in NSW within the decade
Ending HIV embodies the NSW HIV Strategy to mobilise gay men around ending the HIV epidemic by 2020.
- To reduce HIV transmissions in NSW by 80% by 2020 – a virtual elimination of the HIV epidemic
- To encourage all sexually active gay men to test for HIV more frequently
- To ensure that gay men diagnosed with HIV are able to access treatment and care as soon as possible.
- To support and encourage guys to continue to play safe by using condoms or other risk-reduction methods
- To sustain this mobilisation long-term and engagement with our communities
- To inform gay men about recent research findings, new prevention approaches and technologies that make the Ending HIV goal attainable.
- To update our communities knowledge about significant advances in HIV treatment, resulting in simpler regimens, far fewer side effects and much greater health and prevention efficacy benefit.
Be part of it: